Thursday 6 October 2011

Giving and Receiving

I read an excellent article on giving. The author advised us not to think of giving as a major altruistic act, or as something noble, because we can then let ourselves off the hook by saying "we're not like that". She said that giving is done by ordinary people who wish to do so.
Wow - that wipes out all my excuses!
I have already been rewarded for some of my gifts or acts of giving. I've received wonderful emails, and had great pleasure in knowing someone has been helped and/or uplifted by something I've done. It's a powerful way to connect with others, even if only for a short while.
On a more mundane level, my house decluttering continues. I'm planning to give away more furniture and goods - unwanted now, but previously loved.
Thanks to all of you who have taken the time to comment on my blog. I do appreciate the thought and effort that goes into doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment